There seems to be some new viral trend captivating our kids every six months.
Whether it be a dance move (Whip Nae Nae), toys (fidget spinners), crafts (slime), or apps (Pokemon Go) – kids today love to jump on the bandwagon and ride it all the way to obsession.
The current obsession: FORTNITE.
Epic Games, creators of the video game Fortnite, knows exactly how to hook adolescents and teens on their game. And it’s not just the guns and shooting. It’s the dance moves, the outfits, the emoticons (stopping in the middle of your battle to play with sparklers or eat popcorn), and the connection with friends that makes them want to play all day.
This isn’t solely our observation or opinion as adults and brave parents. These truths comes straight from the adolescents and teens we’ve talked to.
In order to help you navigate Fortnite, we’ve created a video: 10 Fortnite Facts Every Parent Should Know.
1. Fortnite isn’t new
2. Fortnite is free!
3. Fortnite is a third-person shooter without blood and gore
4. Fortnite allows for cross-platform play
5. Fortnite allows you to communicate with friends inside the game
6. A $28 Battle Pass isn’t required and doesn’t help you win
7. You can BUY (virtual) dance moves and clothing
8. One Fortnite season last approximately 70 days
10. Limits are essential
*We highly recommend the use of Circle to help set time limits through your home WiFi.